20 Best Cancer Fighting Foods
Cancer can be cured with a nutritious diet of anti-oxidant foods and nutrients.There are so many foods that fight cancer. The following are some of the best ones.
- Beans: Beans have saponins in them, which make slow division of cancer cells. Soy beans have phytoastrogens in addition to saponins, which is good for preventing breast and prostate cancer.
- Berries: Berries have antioxidants and flavonoids which are anti cancer agents.
- Red grapes: Red grapes use bio flavonoids to counter the cancer causing agents. These grapes also shut off the valve that release tumorcausing enzymes.
- Green leafy vegetables: They have folic acid and fiber and are found to decrease Uro-digestive cancers such as mouth cancer, stomach cancer and colon cancer.
- Cruciferous vegetables (Broccoli, cauliflower): This type of vegetables induce enzymes that can fight cancer causing chemicals that are in your food. Indole 3- carbinol in Broccoli attracts the cancer causing estrogen and converts it to a more productive estrogen. Sulforaphane in Broccoli helps to fight colon and rectal cancer.
- Carrots and Sweet Potatoes: Beta carotene in these vegetables act as a super weapon against all types of cancer like breast, lung, mouth, stomach and prostate.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes have lycopene and prevent mainly prostate cancer along with other cancers. Cooked tomatoes have more lycopene compared to raw ones.
- Avocados: Avocados have glutathione in them which are good for scavenging free radicals that damage the cell. They also have the ability to destroy viral hepatitis, which is leading cause of viral cancer.
- Green tea: Green tea has ECGC, a chemical that turns on cancer fighting genes.
- Spices: Spices such as turmeric, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon have anti cancer effects.
- Chili peppers and Jalapenos: Compounds in chilies and Jalapenos are deadly for cancer causing agents.
- Garlic: Sulfides in garlic supercharge immune system causing them to fight against cancer cells.
- Figs: Benzaldehyde in figs can shrink the tumor size if it goes out of control.
- Whole grain: Whole grains such as wheat, oats are high in antioxidants and fiber and have anti cancer properties.
- Flax seeds: Lignans, a type of phytoastrogen found in flax seeds binds with the estrogen hormone and prevent breast cancer in women.
- Mushrooms: Long chain polysaccharides known as beta-glucans are one of the best immune enhancing substances. They also have very powerful anti-tumor properties
- Grape fruit: Grape fruit cleans up the mess left behind by carcinogens. It also fight the development of breast cancer.
- Nuts: Nuts in general are crazy about cancer suppression. The Brazil nut has added super power of Selenium, which can fight prostate cancer.
- Lemons and Oranges: These two fruits stimulate lymphocytes, a type of cells that fight cancer cells.
- Yoghurt: Acidophilus bacteria found in yoghurt have been shown to have anti-cancer properties. They prevent the formation of carcinogens from bile acids. Animals studies have shown slower tumor growth when fed with yoghurt containing live bacterial cultures.
The author has a Masters degree in Molecular Biology and Genetics from University of Guelph, Canada. This article is written after carefully reviewing published research work from various scientific journals. The information provided in this article is for informational and educational purposes only, and in no way is any of the content on this article to be construed as medical advice or instruction. To learn more about chronic diseases and good foods you should eat to prevent them join me at healthpundit.net
### ©Copyright 2012, Filipino Nurses. All rights reserved. DISCLAIMER: The accuracy of all articles contained in this website are the responsibility of their respective authors. All articles are for informational purposes only and are NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. The owner of this site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on these information. If you have any health-related questions, please consult your physician. If you feel ill, please seek medical attention immediately.
©Copyright 2012, Filipino Nurses. All rights reserved. DISCLAIMER: The accuracy of all articles contained in this website are the responsibility of their respective authors. All articles are for informational purposes only and are NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. The owner of this site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on these information. If you have any health-related questions, please consult your physician. If you feel ill, please seek medical attention immediately.
This post was submitted by Kris Reddy.