Need help losing pounds? You don’t have to start and stop a hundred fad diets to reach your goals. Getting thin can be the result of making several small changes to your habits. Here are some easy weight loss tricks to cut body fat fast:
1. Use smaller plates. Most people tend to fill their plate when they serve their meal. So, to combat this tendency, try using a smaller plate! You’ll reduce the urge to overeat. Watching the size of your portions when you eat can make a huge difference.
2. Reward yourself. Dieting doesn’t have to be a chore. Motivation is key. Set goals and give yourself rewards to attaining those goals.
3. Go for a hike. This is a great way to burn calories, exercise and be distracted by enjoying nature. Burn even more calories by doing a more challenging hike.
4. Eat slowly. Most of us have a habit of eating until we feel full. Well, your belly doesn’t get the cue that it’s full until quite a bit of time has gone by. When we eat quickly, the feeling of being satiated is usually followed by a feeling of being overly full. Our bodies process and digest more efficiently when we eat slowly.
5. Try new things. “Dieting” has a negative connotation. Many people fail at cutting calories because they think of it as depriving themselves of food. Instead, try new, healthier foods. And adopt the ones you enjoy into your regular meal plans.
6. Give up the processed foods. These are foods to avoid to lose weight. Our bodies get confused with processed foods. They are almost always stored as fat as a result. Our digestive systems simply don’t know what to do with it. Just don’t even buy them.
7. Sleep. Our bodies require 8 hours of sleep every single night. Of course, sometimes this isn’t possible. But, it should be considered when you’re looking to shed pounds. Why? Because when we’re not well rested we tend to be more stressed and tense which leads to behaviors that are counterproductive to losing weight. Fatigue is both a mental and physical obstacle.
8. Get active. Every action you’re taking with cutting calories can be multiplied by simply being more active. Get your heart rate up by jogging, walking, or cycling. If you have trouble making a schedule out of exercise, you might try to find a friend who wants to lose weight as well and hold each other accountable. Shoot for at least 30 minutes a day at least 3 times a week.
© 2012, Filipino Nurses. All rights reserved. DISCLAIMER: The accuracy of all articles contained in this website are the responsibility of their respective authors. All articles are for informational purposes only and are NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. The owner of this site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on these information. If you have any health-related questions, please consult your physician. If you feel ill, please seek medical attention immediately.