Statistics have it that the number of people with visual impairment is rapidly increasing. The term visually impaired is not just used to refer to the blind alone. It also covers those who are already suffering from various eye problems.
This rate can already be alarming. What’s more alarming is the fact that the age of those who have impaired vision is becoming younger. Even young kids at six or seven already have vision problems. This is the reason why there are now a lot of people seeking ways to improve vision naturally.
The most important thing to do is prevention. So you have to take good care of your eyes while your vision is still good. The following are some tips on how to take care of your eyes:
– Eat healthy – the eyes need certain nutrients like vitamin a and beta carotene which can be found in some fruits and veggies.
– Don’t strain your eyes – avoid using the PC for a long time or reading for long hours. this causes eye strain which would eventually damage your eyes. If you really have to do it then try to give your eyes frequent breaks in between your tasks.
– Wear protection – protect your eyes from UV rays or glaring lights by wearing sun glasses or even just anti-glare lenses.
These are just a few things that can help you avoid getting blurry vision and having laser vision correction surgery. But in case some damage has already been done, you can try some natural ways to help improve your vision. Here are some effective exercises for you:
– Blink – yes as basic as it may sound blinking can really help improve your vision. Imagine that your eyes are working like the computer and it needs to be refreshed. The action of refreshing your computer has the same effect on your eyes when they blink.
– Hand patch – it’s like using your hands to soothe your tired eyes. Close your eyes for a while after using it for a long time. Then try to cover your eyes with your palms. The warmth of your hands will soothe and relax your eyes.
But don’t just do these methods on how to improve vision naturally without consulting a doctor. Have your eyes checked by the doctor at least once a year. This goes especially for those who already have some visual problems. Don’t forget to ask your doctor about the product or method that you intend to use.