1. Don’t skip breakfast. Do not take something that is too light as breakfast.
2. Eat your main food at lunch.
3. Chew food slowly as this helps you eat less.
4. Stop eating as soon as you are no longer hungry. To help you do this, put little food on your plate at a time.
5. If you get the urge to eat put on a tight belt to remind you that you want to lose weight
6. When hungry, try to wait ten minutes more, tell yourself you can eat but you will wait 10 minutes more.
7. Eat 2 or 3 hours before bed
Note: A craving for salt, chocolate, sugar may be deficiency in minerals or food allergy, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism.
8. While watching TV and you feel like eating something – take a glass of water
9. Do not take alcohol in any form – it stops burning of fat and encourages storage of fat and helps you eat without control.
10. Use barley malt sweetener instead of sugar. 2tsp is just 3grams. It can be used by diabetes patient.
11. Monitor your food and see what triggers you eating more and eliminate such foods.
12. Be careful of what you eat when you are depressed, depression will make you eat more than you need.
13. If possible eat raw food, boiled, steamed, baked not fried or greasy foods.
14. Drink 6-8 glass of mineral water or herbal teas especially before meals. You can sweeten your tea with fruit juice (not canned juice).
15. Don’t eat cake, candy, pies etc.
16. Add fiber foods and take them one and half hours before your next meal.
17. If you noticed that your eating or over eating is triggered by where you are; move away.
18. Take the following in moderation: corn, cherries, fig, green peas, sweet potatoes, yams, white rice, pears, pineapple, grape, banana.
19. Take herbal tea that are diuretic.
20. Avoid animal fat e.g. butter, cream, ice cream, mayonnaise, meat, rich dressing, whole milk etc.
21. Take the following as your snack: carrot stick, celery, walnut, unsalted popcorn, watermelon, low ft yogurt with fresh fruit. etc.
When you change your eating habits your weight will come down normally without any side effect. Losing with a crash program is dangerous, in fact it has the side effect of breaking down your immune system and allowing sickness to set in. The best way to way to go about it is to follow a programme and practice what has been just listed here plus give yourself time for the weight to shed off naturally.
If you give yourself 2 to 6 months to lose weight, you will definitely get it and with no side effect or a revert of the weight coming back.
It may take some practice before you get use to the new way of eating but it will be worth it because you will become more healthy and look good physically.
Losing weight is easy if you will just change the way you eat. Go for it. Overweight people die quicker and are liable to contact disease like arthritis, heart disease, diabetes and many more.
Check your weight and plan to change your way of eating to a healthier one today!
If you like this article, drop your comments and if it has been helpful send it to your friends.
I have helped people lose weight with correction of the foods they eat and add healthy weight program to make weight loss faster for the past 12 years.
If you will like to lose weight fast and keep it off forever you might need to visit this site today. http://www.wealthtime.ws
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Change-Your-Eating-Habits-And-Lose-Weight-Forever!&id=7017884] Change Your Eating Habits And Lose Weight Forever!
- Dieting to Lose Weight – Which One is Best for You? (wellbody.net)
© 2012, Filipino Nurses. All rights reserved. DISCLAIMER: The accuracy of all articles contained in this website are the responsibility of their respective authors. All articles are for informational purposes only and are NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. The owner of this site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on these information. If you have any health-related questions, please consult your physician. If you feel ill, please seek medical attention immediately.