‘Tis the holiday season, a time to relax, get away from work, have fun and spend time with your family.. What’s more exciting than spending it in a new place to discover?
Try this simple highlights and tips to make your trip more enjoyable and less stressful:
- Research ahead! – Nothing beats perfect preparation. Weeks before your planned trip, you can surf the internet for note worthy information about the place you’re going to (their geography, its people, the climate, places to stay in, tourist spots, delicacies, available souvenirs and the like); or you can buy pamphlets available in bookstores that shows you something about your destination. It’s good that you know what to expect when you get there so that you’ll know what to pack. Doing a little research wouldn’t hurt you, instead, it will only make you look forward to your upcoming getaway session with your loved ones. Researching ahead also helps you save money! Why? Because you can compare in advance how much you’ll be spending band it might also help you save some of your money because of early booking discount rates and such. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
- Anticipate/ bring what you need. – When traveling, you can never be too sure that you’ll have everything you need while on vacation. Bring extra anything! Extra cash, extra clothes, extra items for the first aid kits and whatever extra you might think of bringing. Sometimes, it pays to be overly prepared than to be under prepared during travel, right?
- Capture the moment! Don’t forget to bring a camera so you’ll be able to take pictures as memorabilia. You can also consider bringing a journal/photojournal/sort of diary to list down the places you’ve visited, things you did, and/or whatever you’ll feel like writing while on vacation. Not only you can capture the moment, but you’ll capture the feelings when you write, too!
- Don’t waste time! Always have a Plan B. Not everything you planned will turn out perfect, so its best of you always have Plan B on your itinerary. Bad weather conditions, delayed flights, lost baggage are just some of these unexpected and wanted problems that you wouldn’t want to happen when in a vacation. Not only does it waste time, it also spoils the fun. That’s why a Plan B or Plan C always come in handy. And also, remember, its a trip to have fun, so don’t just stay at your hotel room all day, keep going so you’ll be able to go to more places. Every day, new place, new destination = MORE FUN!
- The more, the merrier! Sometimes, its good to travel alone, but most of the time, its not the case. Remember the saying, “the more, the merrier!” . Traveling is more fun when you’re with your special someone, your loved ones and your friends. Yes, it’s fun and fulfilling to travel alone once in a while, because it gives you time to ponder and think things through, but to travel with the people you love, it just doubles the happiness. Don’t you think? 🙂
So there, I hope this helps, advance happy holidays everyone! Keepsafe! 🙂
© 2013, Filipino Nurses. All rights reserved. DISCLAIMER: The accuracy of all articles contained in this website are the responsibility of their respective authors. All articles are for informational purposes only and are NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. The owner of this site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on these information. If you have any health-related questions, please consult your physician. If you feel ill, please seek medical attention immediately.