How to Keep Those Pesky Pounds Off
By Nadine A Douglas
Getting your weight under control can often greatly help your health overall. While there are numerous ways to lose weight, most people tend to put the weight back on over time. According to the National Health Website (NHS) in the UK, the trick to successfully losing weight in the long term is to make changes to your diet and exercise routines that you can stick to for life. Similarly, in a study conducted by Dr Rena Wing of Brown Medical School and the Miriam Hospital, where approximately 6,000 subjects (who lost an average of 70 pounds) answered questions about how they have achieved long term weight loss (most have successfully controlled the weight for 5 years or more). The concluding evidence showed that the most effective method way for keeping the pounds off was to eat a low fat diet, control your calorie intake and exercise often. Most of the subjects in the study also had a better success rate when they attended meetings and workshops (both in person and online).
Here are some further tips which may help can help you with your long-term weight loss goal:
• Keep the calories low – A lower fat diet which is high in protein has been shown to maintain fat loss for some people. This is probably because protein-rich foods make you feel fuller for longer, thereby suppressing your appetitive cravings.
• Plan Ahead: The worst time to start thinking about a meal is when you are hungry as you are much more likely to prepare something which is convenient, but not necessarily healthy. By planning ahead you are less likely to make the wrong food choices.
• Eat Breakfast – Research shows that a low calorie breakfast can help control a person’s weight.
• Stay Active – Regular exercise such as walking or running are good ways to keep those pounds at bay.
• Weigh Yourself – Weighing yourself is a good way of keeping a record of whether or not you are sticking to your target. Aim to weigh yourself about once a week to make sure you are keeping on track.
• Get Support – There are many meetings or online forums which have people who are also trying to keep the pounds off. Having a ‘buddy’ system can help you stick to your goals more easily.
Having evaluated some other study results on this topic, it seems apparent that online training for weight loss is becoming increasingly popular. The most probable reason for this is the flexibility that an online program provides. It is more suitable for say a mother of two young children to log on to the internet to take a class in between her children having a nap, then to physically have to attend a class. If an online program would suit your schedule better, it is important to really do your research before signing up to any particular weight loss program. A well marketed and popular brand may be the best choice for you in achieving weight loss, but it is always advisable to do your research when picking a program and don’t just opt for one that you have heard of before. In order to have a better chance at reaching your goal, it may be beneficial to chose a course that is less generic and instead, looks at things such as your body type and metabolic rate.
Looking for long-term weight loss solutions? Click below now for your free reports, recipes, videos and bonus materials!! Click Here Now: http://www.flatbellynow.org
Nadine ‘Diet Coach’ Douglas lost over 30 pounds after being overweight most of her adult life. She now runs a successful weight loss website which gives information about great resources which can help you lose weight and be healthy for long term success.
© 2013, Filipino Nurses. All rights reserved. DISCLAIMER: The accuracy of all articles contained in this website are the responsibility of their respective authors. All articles are for informational purposes only and are NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. The owner of this site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on these information. If you have any health-related questions, please consult your physician. If you feel ill, please seek medical attention immediately.